Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Millionaire?


So you read my post title and are intrigued by the idea of becoming a millionaire. Not being a millionaire myself I can't truly say what it takes. Living in a more affluent city, I've pressed the flesh with many a successful persons. One of the qualities that I admire about these people is that, surprisingly money does not drive their lives. As entrepreneurs, money and profit margins are everything. It envelops our everyday lives, we wish for what we don't have. It's just human nature. But those that have succeeded I've found, rarely were the I want to be rich type. Their success was driven by their strengths. I believe that it is this type of greed that turns the focus away from true entrepreneurship. Now I've always held money as something that I can always have or earn and therefore I would like to believe that money isn't everything. I received one of my most valuable pieces of insight while I was an intern at a start up health food company. It was here that my boss told me that, "I don't want money to control my life, rather I have a vision of where I want to be." Depending on how you look at it, it may seem the same. But seeing things in a bigger context can greatly improve your ability to succeed. Money should be a mechanism for success, and not your goal. Don't be blinded by all the cars, jewelry, houses and material things, remember what is important to you. Some people have that mindset of, making money is everything. If you're not enough without the money, you'll never be enough with it. Stay focused on your goals and have an open and attentive mind. Again these are my takes on entrepreneurship and I really just want to hammer these ideas home, so bare with me and don't forget to comment. Thanks for reading!

Digg!




No comments: