Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Power of Numbers Idea


First off it's been a few days since I last posted, but I've been trying to map out some good subject matter for the coming weeks. I'm happy to see those that are still subscribed to the feed after this short time. I'm really looking into moving this site to a dedicated server and domain. So be on the lookout for that and I will also keep you updated. As somewhat of a social entrepreneur, one of my long term goals has been to donate a generous sum of money to a charitable organization. I care about a lot of issues in the world; AIDS, hunger, environment, etc., but I really don't know too much about the specifics of these organizations. Many people do donate to individual organizations and that's great. But what about people like me that don't know where to donate and don't want to put all their eggs in one basket. I envision a service that can do this on a large scale. A service that can pool the resources of a large community with a goal of benefiting the world. People would be able to donate any sum of money and have the ability to vote for their organization or leave it up to the community to decide. The more votes an organization receives, the greater the donation to that specific charity. The key feature with this idea is that people can donate while benefiting more than one organization. The power of numbers can take this model to the next level. Now creating a non-profit or not for profit organization is no easy task. There are ways to make money from this but it should not be priority number one. An entrepreneur who is willing to take on this task with the sole purpose of benefiting others can have great success. This idea for me is special because it does have such a large benefit for others less fortunate. Those out there who would like to get an idea like this off the ground please let me know, as this is something i've always wanted to do, but lacked the know how.


Digg!

No comments: